New Year’s Event 2020
A carbon neutral Event
Saturday 25 January 2020, 20:00
Megaron Athens Concert Hall
Vas. Sofias & Kokkali Str, Athens 11521
A few days ago we celebrated the arrival of 2020. This year, the Hellenic Wind Energy Association ELETAEN becomes 30 years old.
30 years of promoting wind energy in Greece.
It is a nice opportunity to celebrate this anniversary on the occasion of the annual New Year’s Event of ELETAEN, which will take place on Saturday, January 25, 2020 at the Megaron Athens Concert Hall (Banquet Hall). Especially this year, it will be a zero carbon Event. All emissions related to the event will be offset by corresponding allowances. Accompanied by live Jazz music, in a flagship space, we will have the opportunity to exchange wishes, entertain and discuss with each other about our sector and its prospects.
So far they have confirmed that they will honor us with their presence and celebrate with us:
- The Minister of Environment and Energy Kostis Hatzidakis
- The Deputy Minister of Spatial Planning Prof. Dimitris Economou
- The Μember of the Hellenic Parliament of KINAL George Arvanitidis
- The President of the Environment Committee of the Hellenic Parliament Dionysia-Theodora Avgerinopoulou
- The Μember of the Hellenic Parliament of SYRIZA Costas Zachariadis
- The Μember of the Hellenic Parliament of ND Spilios Livanos
- The former Minister of Environment and Energy George Stathakis
- The Member of the European Parliament Stelios Kympouropoulos
- The Secretary General for Energy and Mineral Resources Alexandra Sdoukou
- The Secretary General for Regional Planning and Urban Environment Efthimios Bakogiannis
- The Secretary General for Waste Management Coordination Manolis Grafakos
- The President and Managing Director of DAPEEP John Yiarrentis
- The coordinator of the regional administration of Thessaly and Central Greece Nikolaos Ditoras
- The President of Regulatory Authority of Energy Nikolaos Boulaxis
- The President and Managing Director of ADMIE Manos Manousakis
- The President and Managing Director of the Energy Exchange George Ioannou
- The President and Managing Director of CRES Spyros Economou
- The President of DEPA Ioannis Papadopoulos
- The President of the Green Fund Stathis Stathopoulos and
- The President of REN21 Prof. Arthouros Zervos
- The President of World Human Forum Alexandra Mitsotaki
Seats are available in order of priority according to demand.
You may find information about the reservations HERE
The event is accompanied by the “Estimation and Compensation of the Carbon Footprint” action, which aims at estimating the event-related GHG emissions and then fully offsetting them through the purchase of the corresponding emission allowances from the market.
The carbon footprint will be estimated in accordance with the principles outlined in the GHG Protocol standard, which was developed in collaboration with the World Resources Institute (WRI) and the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD).
The Megaron Athens Concert Hall is situated at the corner of Vasilisis Sophia’s Avenue and Kokkali Street.
This is a location most people know and you’ll find it easy to get to. If you come by taxi, just tell the driver you want the Megaron Athens Concert Hall. He won’t need any further instructions!
You can also get there by using the metro, it’s just two minutes from the Concert Hall Metro Station to the door of the Concert Hall.
If you choose to approach by your car, you can park in the Concert Hall’s new three-level parking facility, upon availability. The entrance is on Kokkali Street.
You may find attached a map HERE
If you would like to sponsor the event, do not hesitate to contact us.
The sponsors of the event so far are: